Monday, April 25, 2011
Ten Things to Help Your Military Career
Here are a few pointers that can help your days in the military a little easier. I know, I know you already know these things but hey just a friendly reminder.
1. Know your MOS, be able to explain and preform it.
2. Know your equipment and its’ location at all time, never loan it out without the proper paperwork
3. Keep up with all of your Military Records in a binder and make copies to give out.
4. Take college classes and classes pertaining to your MOS for advancement.
5. Go to Soldier of the Month and Quarter boards.
6. Be early (15 min), just incase something changes.
7. If you know it needs to be done make it happen.
8. Be responsible with your money. Save for an emergency!
9. It is your career, not your buddies. Most of the time they are doing things to advance behind your back.
10. Always check to make sure your ERB is correct before you, PCS, go to the board, or go to school.
KEEP YOUR CHAIN OF COMMAND INFORMED! NOT YOUR BATTLE BUDDY!!